Online application form
To process your application, you must complete the online form following the guidelines provided below.
All fields marked with a red asterisk in the form are mandatory—pay particular attention to the e-mail address provided. In some fields, specific details are included; please follow the examples attentively.
Upon completion of your application, the system will inform you that the application was recorded successfully and a reference code will be sent to you by e-mail. Keep your reference code for future use.
Abstract submission is mandatory. This abstract should refer to the topic that you are likely to present at the School (it can also be the abstract of a recent publication, poster or application that indicates what you are working on). The abstract should be in English and structured as follows.
Title. The title must start in uppercase and continue in lowercase, except for conventional terms (ATP, DNA, NFκB, etc). Example:
This title is written correctly
This Title is Not Properly Written
ALSO THIS TITLE IS WRONG
Authors. If more than one author (but only in that case), underline your name (the presenting author, in whatever position you appear in the author list) and use commas to separate the author names; do not use 'and' before the last author. Write your name and surname in full; for any other authors use initial(s) for the first name(s) followed by the surname. If more than one affiliation (but only in that case), use sequential superscript numbers to identify each institution. Example:
Mario Rossi1, J. Doe2, F. Bloggs1,2
1Dept Biomembranes, Golgi & Veratti Univ., Pavia, Italy
2Dept Bioblast Analyses, Altmann Univ., Leipzig, Germany
Abstract text. Keep the abstract text to within 3000 characters, spaces included. If this text is too long, your abstract submission will fail. Subdivide the text in Background & Aims, Methods, Results, and Conclusion. Explain abbreviations in the text when they are used for the first time, except common abbreviations (e.g., ATP, DNA, RNA, NMDA, c-fos, etc). In Methods, if applicable, state the approval of the research project by the relevant ethical or legal committee(s). Provide an acknowledgment stating the funding sources. You may cite up to a maximum of two journal references.
Please include the following information in the CV. The CV is an integral part of your application.
- Study of which subject(s), when, how long, at which University?
- Which types of examination planned or passed, when, where?
- Name(s) of mentor(s)?
- Thesis work (Ph.D., Master, Diploma, Bachelor), title, when started/submitted? Accepted?
- Abstract of thesis if completed or nearly completed?
- Postdoc/other positions held? When? Where?
- Special experience in the field of pain (research, clinical, course attended, reading textbook or journal papers)
- Honors/Awards received?
- Fellowship or other status of guest scientist held, when, where? In foreign country?
- International/National Congresses/Meetings attended, when, where? Presentation(s) given? Title(s) of presentation(s)?
- List of publications in English or mother tongue. Published abstracts?
- Type of training/experience of English, when, how long? English course? Level of understanding/speaking?
- Special interests or hobbies outside the study subject?
N.B. You will need to prepare your CV as a PDF file and upload it through your personal myEPS page (this page is available only after you submit your application).
If you have publications, you should also enter the details of each one (year of publication, journal, etc) through your personal myEPS page. Add these publications even if they are also listed in the CV file mentioned above.
Letter of recommendation
In order to be considered, applications must be complemented by a letter of recommendation from the applicant's mentor. This should be e-mailed—as a PDF file, within 28 February 2022—to EPS.firstname.lastname@example.org by your mentor. The PDF file should be labelled as Applicant'sSurname_ReferenceCode_EPS2022.pdf—e.g., Smith_a1b2_EPS2022.pdf.
These guidelines can also be downloaded as a PDF file .
Click here to submit your application.
28 February 2022
Notification of selections:
4 March 2022
Deadline for attendance confirmation:
11 March 2022
Deadline for payment:
4 April 2022